Sunday, April 26, 2015

Promax BDA Self Promotional Video


Promax BDA Student Story Challenge:
If you were to produce a :30, :60 or :90 spot promoting your own personal brand, what would your story be? What images would you use? What would be your soundtrack? And what words would best promote you?
Take a minute.
Think about who you are.
What do you love?
How are you unique?
What makes you the talent you are?
Storytelling is at the heart of all marketing and promotion, so now, give us your story.

For this project, I wanted to focus on the big picture of design and myself as a designer more than how I design or what I design. I feel that the “why” and the “how” are more interesting to me as a person. I wrote a poem about myself as a designer and wanted the visual to key into the words of the poem as they are read. This piece is focused on the words and the meaning more than the visuals. The visuals I have included for this piece show design on a large scale. I focused on a shot of driving into Cincinnati that I took one weekend visiting my sister. I wanted to use this footage because the architecture and skyline are very interesting and well designed.  I also chose images to overlay that show other forms of design. I focused on: signage, architecture, teamwork, product design, labels, packaging, banners, political statements, etc.
As a student at Georgia State, I have been heavily involved on campus and in the design world. I strongly believe that as a designer, it is necessary to know how to work with people, voice ideas, and have integrity. I have learned so much from my experiences and failures over the years and I feel that this poem and video capture my feelings as a designer.

Voice-Over: Asante Farquharson

No comments:

Post a Comment